THE INFLUENCE OF SULFURIC ACID ANODIZING ELECTROCHEMICAL PROCESS ON SURFACE TREATMENT ADHESION
This paper presents the influence of sulphuric acid anodizing electrochemical process on surface treatment adhesion, by testing two distinct scenarios. The paper presents the general context in the aerospace industry related to product service life, as well as give in depth information related to the sulphuric acid anodizing electrochemical process. It presents the general principle of sulphuric acid anodizing, equipment used and the results of the process. Details are provided related to surface treatment, paint application techniques, also explanation of adhesion testing technique used to collect the result for this paper. Conclusions are drawn based on the tests performed, which clearly show evidence of the influence of sulphuric acid anodizing process on surface treatment adhesion.
2. AFS-600, Chapter 8. Inspection Fundamentals, Aviation Maintenance Technician Handbook, Federal Aviation Administration, (2008).
3. Kutz, Myer, Protective coatings for aluminium alloys, Handbook of Environmental Degradation of Materials(2005).
4. Sheasby, P. G., Pinner, R., The Surface Treatment and Finishing of Aluminium and its Alloys, ASM International & Finishing Publications(2001).
5. ISO 2409, Paints and varnishes - Cross-cut test, (2013).
6. ISO 1514, Paints and varnishes - Standard panels for testing, (2016).